Riding Japanese Trains

Seibu Tachikawa Train station. All I need now are zombies.

Riding trains in Japan is one of the fastest ways to get from point A to point B. Some would prefer bicycles  though ( and you kind of get why since the train fares are darn expensive。・゚゚・(>д<;)・゚゚・。).  I think it is common sense that people ride trains to get to a really far point A to a very far point B.




During my stay in Japan, I moved about anywhere. But the most tiring trip would be heading to Akihabara.  The train ticket is expensive (from where I was staying); I had to wake up early so I won't lose precious time (in which I rebelliously slept for another extra hour anyway) and the excitement killed me while riding the train.

The fastest way to survive the train ride is well...Sleep (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ. And that is what I do best. The annoying part about riding ANYTHING that requires paying in Japan is paying for fare. Having money is the easy part though. You have to gather change and know how much exactly you need to pay to get to your destination(▼皿▼#).  If I recall correctly, Akihabara cost me around 650¥ one way.

You see the funkiest kinds of people on the train. Hoping it is not rush hour, you can actually people watch without being too obvious. I am amazed at those who can stand for the entirety of their trip. Depending on which stop you are, rides can last from 10 minutes to even an hour. One thing that Japanese people are very keen about is the idea of 'personal space'. Even when the train is filled up, no one fights over that empty seat/little space left to sit down. You can say it is safe to sit down beside someone when there is like 5 to 10 inch spaces between you. And to avoid any groping from happening, women are advised to sit down with their bags clasped near their bossoms. ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

In the Philippines, the jeepneys love it when the passengers sit thigh-by-thigh.

One time, we actually saw a guy with a bright neon pink mohawk and dreadlocks. I believe that I have a picture of him somewhere here. You can also see grown men (in business suits and suitcases) reading Shounen Jump(⌒▽⌒)! I saw my first actual lolita there with her gothic aristocrat prince. Kuku.Every new train ride is a new experience. Every new train ride, there are tons of even weirder people coming on board.

 Seriously, neon pink mohawk and dreadlocks.

Derp.






2 comments:

Writtenbyourstruly said...

Lololol that guys sleeping!!! Wah can't wait for your next blog about your trip to Japan ^///^

Adding your blog btw ^^

Sese
http://athame.jehsil.net

Anonymous said...

I LOL SO HARD MILEZY XD

Post a Comment